Work Remote Doesn’t Mean That
You Cannot Get Enterprise Grade IT Support!ITRemedy Remote Worker Support Services
ITRemedy Remote Worker Support Services
Providing support to your remote workers and end users is now more important than ever. According to Slack research, 83% of knowledge workers want a remote or hybrid-working model, while only 17% want to return to full-time office work. Templeton says business leaders, therefore, need to equip their teams with technology that enables them to do high-value work, autonomously and asynchronously – all while creating an open workplace that promotes knowledge sharing. Barracuda Networks has identified 13 types of threat that organizations face via email alone: spam, malware, data exfiltration, scamming, URL phishing, spear phishing, domain impersonation, brand impersonation, extortion, business email compromise (BEC), conversation hijacking, lateral phishing, and account takeover. Call ITRemedy today for a free assessment of your remote worker technology needs.
ITRemedy Remote Work Support Services
Remote Work Services
- Remote network access : Virtual private networks are essential tools for allowing remote employees to safely connect to the company network.
- Conferencing and collaboration solutions::Through our help desk services, ITRemedy can help employees install and configure webcams or digital cameras, microphones and speakers, and team collaboration client software.
- Cloud support.: ITRemedy can provide guidance on selecting, implementing and configuring cloud applications and services.
- Security : ITRemedy can help users install client security software on their devices, and we can ensure that application updates and patches are properly applied.
Call ITRemedy Today
- Our team can provide more than just friendly staff support for your in-office and remote workforce. We also specialize in developing security, network, backup, and other components of a successful platform for remote employees..
- ITRemedy provides remote as well as Onsite services depending on your situation and needs
Remote Work Considerations
- Develop an information security policy for remote workers.
- Determine what level(s) of access will be permitted to the organization’s networks and how access will occur.
- Determine if a virtual private network (VPN), remote desktop or portal exists and if not, determine if this technology is necessary for secure remote access to the organization’s network.
- Consider your policy on client confidentiality.
- Determine what tools are required to securely transfer documents or programs to other teammates or clients.